Tuesday, July 7th , 2020
7pm in the Show Barn
$500 Scholarship Awarded to the New Queen
First Runner-Up $300 Scholarship
Second Runner-Up $200 Scholarship
This is not a beauty or talent pageant. Contestants are judged on
personality, attitude, appearance, leadership, citizenship, contribution to
the community, charm and poise.
1. Each contestant for the Senior Queen must be 16 years of age and not more than 21 years of age
on August 13, the first day of the 2020 Iowa State Fair.
2. The Junior Queen contestants must be at least 11 years old and not more than 15 years of age on
July 1, 2020. Junior Fair Queen does not go on to the State Fair.
3. Each contestant must reside in Lee County, IA or an adjoining county if the majority of her
activities are in the county she represents.
4. Contestants must never have been married, have children, or been convicted of a felony.
5. Each contestant must be an active member of at least one service organization in her community
such as, but not limited to a church group, Girl Scouts, 4-H, FFA, etc.
6. No professional model (one who has ongoing employment in which modeling was the primary
part of the job) is eligible to compete.
7. All contestants are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on
themselves, their family and the Lee County Fair. This also includes how you conduct yourself on
social media. Should any candidate become involved in any activity the reflects negatively on
themselves, their family or the Lee County Fair, they may be required to forfeit their crown, title,
8. The Lee County Fair Queen will be EXPECTED to represent Lee County at the Iowa State Fair
Queen Pageant August TBD, 2020, providing their own transportation to and from Des
Moines. The Fair Board will pay entry fee to participate at the Iowa State Fair, and provide a
monetary stipend to help cover cost of attire for competition. As well as, attend local events, i.e.
West Point Sweet Corn Parade, Ft. Madison Rodeo Parade, and Donnellson 4th of July Parade.
9. ALL CONTESTANTS are REQUIRED to participate throughout the fair in activities such as ribbon
presenting, Kid’s Day, ticket sellers & takers, etc. You will be required to check in with the queen
committee or at the learning center before you work.
10. Contestants will be judged on:
- appearance, attitude, awareness, charm, citizenship
- contribution to the community, leadership & poise
- previous Lee County Fair involvement is considered during judging
11. ALL contestants are to be respectful at all times to all fair board members, other contestants and
all patrons involved with the Lee County Fair. If an issue occurs, please go to the queen
committee chair immediately.
12. Each Queen and Junior Queen contestant is required to get her own sponsor or sponsors.
There is a $100 entry fee.
13. Fill out postmarked entry form, sponsor sheet and include a recent photograph (no snapshots)
and return by June 1, 2020 to:
Lee County Fair: Queen Committee, PO Box 179, Donnellson, IA 52625
|2020 Lee County Fair
Junior Queen Contest
|2020 Lee County Fair
Queen and Junior Queen
Rules and Regulations
|Congratulations to the 2019
Little Ms. - Avery Hopp
Lee County Fair Queen - Brooklyn Pardall
Junior Queen - Sidney Gruntmeier
Little Mr. - Aiden McDowell