Wednesday, July 5th , 2017
6pm in the Grandstands
$500 Scholarship Awarded to the New Queen
First Runner-Up $300 Scholarship
Second Runner-Up $200 Scholarship
This is not a beauty or talent pageant. Contestants are judged on
personality, attitude, appearance, leadership, citizenship, contribution to
the community, charm and poise.
1. Each contestant for the Senior Queen must be 16 years of age and not more than 21 years of age on
August 10, the first day of the 2017 Iowa State Fair.
2. The Junior queen contestants must be at least 11 years old and not more than 15 years of age on
July 1, 2017. Junior Fair Queen does not go on to the State Fair.
3. Each contestant must be a legal resident of Lee County, IA
4. Contestants must never have been married, have children, or been convicted of a felony.
5. Each contestant must be an active member of at least one service organization in her community
such as, but not limited to a church group, Girl Scouts, 4-H, FFA, etc.
6. No professional model (one who has ongoing employment in which modeling was the primary
part of the job) is eligible to compete.
7. All candidates are expected to conduct themselves in a manner that reflects positively on
themselves, their family and the Lee County Fair. Should any candidate become involved in any
activity the reflects negatively on themselves, their family or the Lee County Fair, they may be required
to forfeit their crown, title, and scholarship.
8. The Lee County Fair Queen will be expected to represent Lee County at the Iowa State Fair Queen
Pageant in August, as well as attend local events, i.e. West Point Sweet Corn Parade,
Ft. Madison Rodeo Parade, and Donnellson 4th of July Parade.
9. ALL CONTESTANTS are required to participate throughout the fair in activities such as ribbon
presenting, Kid’s Day, ticket sellers & takers, etc. You will be required to check in with the queen
committee or at the learning center before you work.
10. Contestants will be judged on:
- appearance, attitude, awareness, charm, citizenship
- contribution to the community, leadership & poise
- previous Lee County Fair involvement is considered during judging
11. ALL contestants are to be respectful at all times to all fair board members, other contestants and
all patrons involved with the Lee County Fair. If an issue occurs, please go to the queen committee
12. Each Queen and Junior Queen contestant is required to get her own sponsor or sponsors.
There is a $100 entry fee.
13. Fill out postmarked entry form, sponsor sheet and include a recent photograph (no snapshots) and
return by May, 29, 2017 to:
Lee County Fair: Kim Armstrong, 1937 HWY 218, Donnellson, IA 52625
|2017 Lee County Fair
Junior Queen Contest
|2017 Lee County Fair
Queen and Junior Queen
Rules and Regulations
|Congratulations to the 2016
Lee County Fair Queen
Sarah Mattlyn Tweedy (right)
and Junior Queen
Summer Smith (left)